What are technical communications?
Technical communications build a bridge between the product and the user, providing the information that enables a person to use a product or service safely and efficiently.
Well-written, well-designed technical communications will
- Improve your reputation in the marketplace
- Increase sales and customer satisfaction (by as much as 45% – see Sept 2009 report by the Aberdeen group)
- Help retain customer loyalty
- Increase the likelihood of repeat orders and word of mouth recommendation
- Reduce costs of ongoing support
- Improve the productivity of systems development and support staff
Research by the Aberdeen Group in 2009 confirmed that technical documentation stands to contribute as much as a 42% increase in customer satisfaction and an associated 45% increase in product revenue.
Why use a professional technical author?
Because you will get better results, and thus happier customers, by using a specialist who will devote their whole attention to the document and take good care to produce a lucid and well-structured publication.
An experienced technical author is able to assimilate new material quickly and provides a valuable test of system integrity before the customer does.
Furthermore, you release the designers’ time for research & development work, and don’t risk the ‘obvious’ being left out of the documentation because of over-familiarity with the subject – forgetting that the intended audience does not perceive the ‘obvious.’
Make sense of complex information with technical communications that are:
- Clear – identifying the tasks required and explaining how to perform them
- Concise – providing the information users need, but not overloading them or confusing them with irrelevant information
- Structured intuitively – so that readers will find the information they need quickly and easily
- Accessible – written in a style appropriate to the culture and needs of the readership
Please contact me for more information
T: +44 (0)1258 454026
M: +44 (0)7736 120951